Jesus Known by All
Love God, Love One Another, and Advance God’s Kingdom through lives transformed by God’s Love, Power, and Grace.
We want everyone to know who Jesus truly is – not just his name, but that Jesus is God the Son, that he conquered sin and death on the cross, that His words are true, and that God desires to be in relationship with every person in the world.
As a church we want to be living examples of what it’s like to live trusting God and knowing our identity as His sons and daughters. We’re intentional in focusing everything we do to help people live from God’s presence, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
James & Colgan – Senior Leaders
James & his wife, Leigh, founded LifeHouse church, which started as a Sunday breakfast outreach in their home for youth and young adults wanting to know more about God. James is Canadian and has a background in social work, business and ministry. Leigh is originally from South Africa, and they met when she came to Canada to help with another church that was starting up. Leigh has extensive experience in teaching and currently directs the LifeHouse Kids Ministry program. They have two sons, Joel and Seth. James and Leigh love to see people come to know Jesus and to help people discover and grow into all that God has for them.
Pierre & Melanie Mallinson
Pierre & Melanie have been at LifeHouse since 2012. They have two children, Abigail and JJ. Melanie is originally from Canada and Pierre from South Africa, but they met in Egypt and have also lived in Germany and South Africa.
Thomas de Leon – Worship Leader
Thomas joined LifeHouse in August 2011 after he and his friends came as guest musicians one Sunday and God encountered them in a powerful way. He took over leading worship in August 2012. Thomas has a passion for leading people in worship and to mentor & develop people both in worship and young adult ministry. Born in the Philippines, he immigrated to Canada with his family in 1992.
Tiago & Glaucia Padovan
Tiago and Glaucia Padovan immigrated to Canada from Brazil in 2001. They have two daughters Sarah and Luiza, and a son, Daniel. Tiago has an extensive background in ministry having grown up with a father who is a pastor and evangelist.
Statement of Faith
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments in their original writing are the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God. They are accepted as the full and final authority for faith and Christian practice.
- There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is infinitely perfect and perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self- existent – one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him, yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- Jesus Christ is God the Son, uncreated, co-equal and co-eternal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. He came to earth, conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born of Mary, a virgin. He is God’s Anointed One. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, was resurrected after 3 days, ascended into heaven, and is now alive today, in the presence of God the Father and in His people, the Church. He is forever “True God” and “True Man”. He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, a substitutionary sacrifice, according to the Scriptures, and all who believe and trust in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- Salvation has been provided only through Jesus Christ. We are saved by God’s grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through believing and receiving Jesus as their Saviour and Lord. All who repent of their sin and receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead, sent to indwell, guide, teach, and empower the true believer. He has been sent to be the Comforter and to empower the Christian church, to produce fruits of the spirit in the lives of believers and to enable believers to live holy lives and to minister God’s love and power to the world.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4 is poured out on believers that they might have power to be witnesses to what Jesus Christ has done. All the gifts of the Spirit as described in the Holy Bible are operative in the church today and are available to every believer.
- All humankind will be resurrected, both the just and the unjust. The redeemed will receive eternal blessing and those who have rejected the offer of Salvation will receive eternal banishment.
- The whole company of those who have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour, have been redeemed by Him and have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. They form the one true Church, of which Jesus Christ is the Head. Each local church on earth should take its character from this truth. The Church is made up of all who have put their faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God’s love, discipling the nations and baptizing and teaching all people to love and obey God.
- Christ is the head of the church and in all things he has pre-eminence. The ascended Christ has given various ministries and offices to the church in order to bring all believers to the place of Christian maturity in their understanding of truth and the performance and function of ministry.